Food and Beverage Assistant
Position: Food and Beverage Assistant
Job Description: The primary function of the Food and Beverage Assistant is to provide direct customer service for food and beverage sales. Duties may include preparing and serving food and drink, completing sales transactions through the digital POS system, re-stocking products, cleaning kitchen and dining areas, assisting with banquet/event catering services, and managing storage areas. Food and Beverage Assistants must be comfortable with regular customer interaction and extremely attentive to details like cleanliness, food safety, and alcohol portion control.
Reports To: General Manager
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills.
- Ability to perform critical job tasks and limit mistakes under pressure.
- Ability and willingness to present a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Familiarity with basic computer functions (e.g., operating internet browsers, searching for web pages, Microsoft Office products, good typing ability, etc.).
- Flexible availability, particularly on weekends (Both AM and PM).
- Extreme attention to cleanliness and tidiness of workspace.
- High School Graduate or GED
- Eligible to serve alcoholic beverages per Illinois state law.
- At least 1 year of customer service experience
- Prior sales experience
- Food and Beverage experience
- Starting wage of $12 to 15/hour + tips
- Staff uniform.
- Meals while on duty.
- 25-40% Discount on all Golf Shop merchandise and special orders.
- Playing and practice privileges for self and immediate family.
- Limited reciprocal golf privileges with all courses within STARR Golf Management.
- Facility-hosted golf tournament fee discounts
If interested in this position, call (618) 466-8363 or email your resume to [email protected] to apply.